At Silicon Travel, we respect the privacy of all visitors to our sites.
When we collect information from you, we want you to know how it is used. This privacy statement defines privacy aspects specific to silicontravel.com, secure.silicontravel.com, adconsole.silicontravel.com and console.silicontravel.com. External sites linked to the Silicon Travel Console may have their own privacy statement, so please refer to specific details at any other website domain.
Our products & services are designed to appeal to children under the age of 13 for use during vacation. Therefore, we expect parental guidance before allowing any child under the age of 18 to complete any on-line request form. While our services include content filtering, it is not possible to block all objectionable material, so parental guidance is advised.
At Silicon Travel, we want you to feel comfortable and confident when using our console and Web site. We use the following principles to govern privacy while using our products and websites:
To maximize the value of our services, we may request information from you when you visit our websites or purchase our products. When we collect information from you, we'll tell you what is being collected, how it is collected, by whom it is being collected, why it is being collected and to whom it may be disclosed. We identify the information that is necessary to fulfill your request. Whenever we ask for additional or optional information, we identify those fields appropriately so that you know what is required to provide the requested service.
Whenever you purchase a product or service, we may request certain personally identifiable information, including your name, address, phone number, e-mail address and company name. We do not share your information with outside companies for their promotional use. We may, however, use this information to notify you about upcoming product or service upgrades and about special offers available to our customers.
How and why we collect and use information from you:
Our websites may use some or all of the following common technologies:
Cookies. A "cookie" is a small piece of information that our Web site may provide to your browser while you are at our site. Silicon Travel's products & services supply your browser with cookies that contain a unique identifier used to better understand Web site usage in the aggregate so that we know what areas of our site users prefer (e.g., based on the number of visits to those areas). Except in secure log-in areas these cookies are not linked to any personally identifiable information that you provide. You do not have to accept cookies from our site unless you are accessing a secure log-in function which may require cookies. Most browsers have a default to accept and maintain cookies.
When in a secure area, you may receive a cookie as part of the authentication process. This cookie will be used to confirm your identity each time you wish to access a different page within the secure log-in area. The cookie enables you to go from screen to screen without being repeatedly asked to authenticate your identity.
Third party tracking systems may be used on our websites. These tracking systems may assign different cookies to your browser. These cookies may be used to track how and when you utilize certain links on our site. This information is used to help us better understand and improve our site. You may choose not to accept these cookies and will still have full access to site functionality. These cookies do not follow you once you leave our site, nor are they linked to personal information you provide elsewhere on our site.
- Website Usage Data. With or without cookies, our website keeps track of usage data, such as the source address that a page request is coming from, your IP address or domain name, the date and time of the page request, the referring Web site (if any) and other parameters in the URL. We use this data to better understand website usage in the aggregate so that we know what areas of our website visitors prefer. This information is stored in log files and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting. This log information is not linked to personally identifiable information gathered elsewhere on the site.
- Links to the Internet. In providing direct links to other websites, you will pass through a Silicon Travel server before being "re-directed" onto the Internet. This allows Silicon Travel to send you to the proper website even if the destination website has changed locations. We store which message you clicked on and its location within the software prior to linking you to the Internet. Silicon Travel servers register the website you request from within the console. Silicon Travel does not register your surfing behavior after that point, however, content filtering software may prevent access to a website deemed objectionable. We use any gathered information, in the aggregate, to determine usage levels for our various on-line services.
General information practices:
- Mandatory and Optional Information. We identify the information that is necessary to fulfill your request. Whenever we ask for additional or optional information, we identify those fields appropriately so that you know what is required to provide the requested service. If you choose not to provide mandatory information, we will not be able to provide you with the service you are requesting.
- Third-Party Sites. Some of the products and services we offer are provided by Silicon Travel's business partners. To fulfill your request for such services, we will forward your customer information to our partner, as necessary. Links to third-party websites, such as those of our business partners and online advertisers may collect information about you. Silicon Travel is not responsible for the actions of these third parties. We encourage you to review their privacy policies to learn more about what, why and how they collect and use personally identifiable information.
- E-mail Message Formatting. When sending you e-mail we may use an image called a single-pixel GIF, that allows us to (1) format messages that best align with your computer's capabilities, and (2) determine whether you've opened an HTML e-mail. When you click on a link within an e-mail message, you will first pass through our server, then you are redirected on to the Internet. We use this click-through data on an aggregate level to evaluate response rates to our e-mail messages and to determine which links are most useful to our customer base.
- Service Providers. In some cases, we will employ or work with service providers such as consultants, temporary workers, third party software developers, or outsourcers to complete a business process or provide a service on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to deliver products, offer online software applications, or send e-mails. When we employ service providers, we may need to share your personally identifiable information. Service providers are strictly prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for purposes other than to act on our behalf.
- Service Alerts and Critical Notices. Although we respect and honor the privacy preferences you have expressed, we may nevertheless contact you to inform you of specific changes that may impact your ability to use Silicon Travel services or for other critical non-marketing purposes, such as bug alerts. We may also contact you to respond to your specific requests or to clarify the order information you provided to us.
- Change of Control. Your personally identifiable information may be transferred in connection with a sale, merger, transfer, exchange or other disposition (whether of assets, stock or otherwise) of all or a portion of a business of Silicon Travel and/or its subsidiaries. You will have the opportunity to opt out of further secondary use of your information following any change of control.
- Legal Disclosures. In some cases we may disclose certain information to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or law enforcement request.
Use of personally identifiable information that you provide to us.
We give you the opportunity to control the use of your personal information for purposes other than to fulfill your request. We will provide you the opportunity to opt-out of secondary uses of personally identifiable information you provide us, whenever we gather it. Simply notify us during the information collection process.
We work to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration.
We employ industry recognized security safeguards to help protect the personally identifiable information that you have provided to us from loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration. Whenever we prompt you to transmit sensitive information, such as a credit card number, to us through our products or services, we support encryption of your data as it is transmitted to us.
We work to protect personally identifiable information stored on the site's servers from unauthorized access using industry standard computer security products, such as firewalls, as well as carefully developed security procedures and practices. All employees must review and sign a written confidentiality statement, which include limiting access to sensitive information to only those employees who require such information and enforcing strict password protocols for all employees. We use both internal and external resources to review the adequacy of our security measures on a regular basis.
While your data is important to us, there is no full-proof method for preventing intruders from gaining access and therefore we assume no liability for its protection.
We provide various ways to contact us about our information practices and other aspects of privacy.
- Customer Service Online Chat. We may offer you the opportunity to chat online with our sales and service advisors, as well as Property Management business partners. When ordering or requesting products or services through our online chat service, we ask for your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address to process your order. We do not share your contact information with outside companies for their promotional use. On occasion, we may, however, contact you with special offers that may interest you. If you do not wish to receive such communications, simply indicate your contact preferences at the time you place the order.
- Contests and Surveys. From time to time, we may offer you the option to participate in contests or surveys. If you would like to participate, we may ask you for contact information, preferences, or other information. This information may be used to conduct research, improve our offerings, or award prizes. We may also ask for more specific demographic information such as age or gender to better understand who uses our site and to make the site more useful for you. Our contests may have separate rules and we will identify how the information that you supply will be used in each case.
- Newsletters. We provide you the opportunity to subscribe to e-mail newsletters and other e-mail communications. You may unsubscribe by following the instructions provided in each e-mail and/or newsletter.